金融援助 Timeline for Prospective Students
The admission and financial aid team at Coe College can help you throughout the financial aid process when selecting a college or university to attend. Here are a few of the key milestones to aid in the process:
Sophomore Year of High School
满足: Get to know your high school counselor to discuss your plans and goals for the future.
探索: Research schools to develop a list from which to narrow your search.
计划: The federal tax returns filed in the new year will be used to apply for financial aid.
学习: Understand the FAFSA and learn more about Net Price Calculators to increase your financial aid eligibility. You should also explore test prep options.
Junior Year of High School
满足: Continue discussions with your parents and high school counselor to learn about the best higher education options for your area of interest.
探索: Begin visiting schools on your “short list” to determine which are the best fit for you.
计划: Create a file for applications, admission materials and correspondence for each school. Compile tax returns and investment data needed for filing FAFSA in the fall of your senior year.
学习: Review scholarship options available to you. 资源 include:
• Local clubs, organizations and businesses
• Online funds available from national companies and organizations
• 优点 奖学金
Senior Year of High School
满足: Remain in close contact with admission counselors for the schools to which you have applied.
探索: 访问 as many of your selected schools as possible to inform your decision.
• Complete Net Price Calculators for each of the schools you visit
• File your FAFSA on time – Starting October 1st
• Review your Student Aid Report (SAR)
• Analyze your financial aid packages
• Be aware of the May 1 enrollment deadline
• Understand and apply for all of your loans
• Complete federal loan counseling
• Sign Master Promissory Note (MPN)
• Confirm work-study options and deadlines with your school
学习: Complete federal loan counseling and understand the terms and payment plans for all of your financial commitments.